Friday, December 23, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas!

I have to admit, these are some of my favourite days of the year.

I am enjoying today immensely. It's so close to Christmas (something that has seemed even more exciting this year with Willen being old enough to enjoy and anticipate the festivities that come with the season)!

My shopping is done, presents are already wrapped, dinners planned, and my house is being cleaned and readied for this coming weekend.

We have a very relaxing Christmas planned this year. Christmas Eve day will be spent together as a family, then we will be off to our Christmas Eve service, followed by our annual Christmas party at our family's farm. We'll open our gifts Christmas morning, then head to my parents for breakfast. The evening will be spent at Ryan's parents for Christmas dinner and then we are back at the farm again for dinner on Boxing Day.

In short, lots of family, and lots of food.
Just how we love it.

Anyway, I've been preoccupied and haven't gotten around to posting much this season, but I have a few last things to share before the end of the year. I'm very much looking forward to a quiet rest of the year.

Here is the rest of our house decorated, wrapped gifts and a few other details.

Have a very Merry Christmas and may you be blessed this coming year.
The Heikoops

Our stockings and decorated banister.

Gifts wrapped and ready for our family celebrations.



I used simple white newsprint, thin twine, and vintage stamps to wrap my gifts this year.

We don't have a mantel so I always decorate the piano. Simple White Pine garland, which smells so lovely, wrapped with white lights and a few cream pillar candles.



We (Willen) are making a small dent in our gingerbread house. He did eventually figure out it was a giant cookie that he could eat!


Sweet and simple. They remind me of something you would send to family years ago when you couldn't be with them on Christmas. I found that really homey.

The stamps were found at Anthropologie - $6/ pack.

15 comments:

  1. merry christmas. your gift wrapping is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria,
    Beautiful home!! And I adore your wrapping, it looks just wonderful!
    Have a beautiful and joyous Christmas.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!!! Today my son and I made gingerbread also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Love your bannister :)
    I too wrapped my gifts with the vintage stamps from Anthro...they look so sweet on our white and brown kraft paper!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful your home is...wishing you peace this holiday season! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas...I absolutely love your gift wrapping! Robx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love your stockings and that white newsprint and stamps are beautiful!
    Thank for sharing!
    Merry Christmas!!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful packages!
    Merry Christmas!
    Hug Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bedankt lieverd voor je gezelligheid steun en liefde van het afgelopen jaar......liefs van mij.....xxx...Ria


    Thanks my darling for your fun loving and support over the past year....love from me.....xxx...Ria

    x
    xxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ||
    ||



    Fijne Kerstdagen,
    Merry Christmas,
    Glaedelig Jul,
    Merry Christmas,
    Joyeux Noel,
    God Jul,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you, Maria! Wishing you a blessed, joy filled holiday with friends and family! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the simplicity of your wrapping. Just lovely!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely gift wrappings! Gorgeous decors! Have a happy holiday, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely magical Maria, and so unique....I love your parcels. Your Christmas must have been lovely...N.xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so obvious... you're so dedicated when Christmas is nearly coming. Well, in fact that's good. Seemed so organized!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria