Friday, September 22, 2017

Pumpkin Loaf


I feel like, up to this point, with the exception of my quick night away, I've tried my best to not go too pumpkin crazy, but as it is officially Fall, I intend to fully indulge in all things pumpkin.

As promised, here is the recipe for this delicious Pumpkin Loaf I enjoyed this morning. It's dense, but super moist, and it doesn't have a strong spice flavour (even though I doubled the spices in the original recipe).

The recipe was found on Pinterest and adapted from the original recipe found here. I halved the recipe successfully, and immediately regretted that decision.

PUMPKIN LOAF
makes one 9" x 5" loaf

Preheat oven to 350'  and grease pan. Set aside.

In large bowl, mix:
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
2 eggs

In small bowl, mix:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool.


I've been looking through all my cookbooks, page marking the Fall recipes I'm looking forward to trying.






Fittingly, we spent our first day of Fall at the Fall Fair, completeing a scavenger hunt. The pumpkin loaf made a tasty snack!


3 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your new posts! I know you're a busy young mama, but I love your style and your blog. Can't wait to see your fall decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mindy! Trying my best to make time for blogging.

      Delete
  2. I just 'discovered' you and spent some(too much :)) time going back through many of your old posts. I love your style, your heart for Christ, and you love for your family. You were a huge bright spot in my day and I look forward to more posts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria