Friday, November 30, 2018

christmas in the living room


I spent most of last week hurrying about, trying to get the house in order for this year's Holiday Home Tour, a charity event here in town. It was a lot of work - my favourite kind of work - but a lot, nevertheless. We cut down and decorated four trees, I made garland for the stairs, set the table, wrapped gifts, arranged flowers and tried my best to keep everything tidy. Saturday saw 250 people come through the homes, and the event was a huge success. I loved meeting some of you who came out, and George stole the show. He entertained all the ladies walking past from his bassinet, all smiles and wide eyes. We even made the local papers!

On one hand, it was nice to know that come December, everything would be finished so I could enjoy the month. But on the other hand, I kind of missed taking my time transforming the house. Though nothing is stopping me from adding bit of Christmas here and there still.

Anyway, here are quite a few photos of the room. It looks similar to previous years, mostly because this is what I'm drawn to. I did, however, add a few hints of blue and green to mix!



Our trees are all cut in the wild on a neighboring farm near my grandparents' farm. We can go in and select trees to help space out others, which helps prevent overcrowding. They are never perfect, but I love the look of them.



It's a fairly sparse tree, so I keep it simple with white lights and my favourite ornaments. The mercury glass feels so traditional, and sparkles beautifully from the twinkle lights.


I keep the rest of the room quite simple, with just some fresh greens here and there.


I love that you can see the wreaths from the windows outside. We have them on all the windows around the original stone house. (I'll post a photo.) I also love that you can see the tree from outside, as it's in front of the window.





I always love the hints of blue in the Cedar Berry and Juniper. The ribbon picks up the blues and green from these boughs perfectly.


And an assortment of blue pots planted with bulbs on the coffee table, another inspiration for the hints of blue.


I loved this pretty dusty blue ribbon.


And I love the classic navy and moss green velvet ribbon. The pretty tags and wrapping paper are from Everyday Occasions. I will post in more detail on those later, as it's one of my favourite parts of the season, as well as the other rooms.

35 comments:

  1. Your home was breathtakingly beautiful, Maria... and everyone on the house tour so appreciated the opportunity to tour through this local historic gem. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! I know how much work this was for you and our house tour committee would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your participation. We'll soon know how much was raised in funds, and we'll let you know as soon as we know. But in the meantime, we wanted you to know that the tour participants all totally enjoyed the day and despite the drizzly weather their spirits were shiny and bright... thanks to wonderful hosts like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the elegance and simplicity of your decorating style. Everything appears so clean and bright and festive. The touches of blue and green warm up all the white. I am sure those on the house tour felt the beauty and warmth of your lovely home. Hope to see more photos of the house tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Access to computers and other control systems which might provide you with information about the way the world revolves around technology should be unlimited and total. All information should be free and accessible to all. That is why we at INTEGRATEDHACKS have come come up with a team of highly motivated and dedicated hackers to help you get access to information you are being deprived of. Our services include and are not limited to hacking of social media accounts,email accounts, tracking of phones hacking of bank cards and many more.
    Have you ever been hacked? Need to recover your stolen account, Want to monitor your kids,spouse or partner, Change your school results track messages from an email or mobile number and many more, INTEGRATEDHACKS is the one for you. Hundreds of our clients have their phones, social media accounts, emails, servers, may bots and PCs hacked consistently and efficiently. Our professional hackers for hire team is highly qualified and can hack anything or device you desire without giving the target any form of notification which makes us one of the best.


    ★ Contact Us For Your Desired Hacking services via : integratedhacks@protonmail.com and experience cyber hacking like never before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made a fabulous job of this lovely PND image.. glad you've joined us as a GDT too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love bob dylan, he is one of the best singer songwriter** good friday images with quotes

    ReplyDelete
  7. nowadays we would always use eco-friendly stuffs like, eco friendly foods, shoes and bags. good friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have brought up a very superb details , thankyou for the post. good friday message 7 words in tamil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing home decor design.If you are looking for more great home tech thing that beneficial and help out in daily routine work

    ReplyDelete
  10. number of apps in the Google Play Store has grown to around 2.5 million by December 2018. Meanwhile, there are multiple apps with the same functionalities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This information is really good. Your info is really good. Thanks for sharing this valuable information. Such a great blog!It contains wonderful and helpful info. Keep up the good work. Thank you for this wonderful work.www.oysmarto.website

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the wonderful post!Those who come to read your article will find lots of helpful and informative tips.
    phòng khách biệt thự

    ReplyDelete
  13. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work.
    ramadan wallpapers

    ReplyDelete
  14. You made my day by sharing an amazing article. I would like to be here again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I look forward to reading many articles from you. It's really great and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got really good information from this content, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  17. Fabulous, what a weblog it is! This blog provides valuable information to us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some truly nice stuff on this internet site, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What’s up to all, it’s genuinely a good for me to visit this website, it includes helpful Information.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of info on your site. Im really impressed by your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful post. Many thanks for providing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great delivery. Great arguments. Keep up the amazing effort.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this blog its a master peace ! Glad I observed this on google.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really informative post.Really looking forward to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  25. good post.Ne’er knew this, appreciate it for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very good post, thank you. I am surprised to find your website.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are truly a just right webmaster.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The site loading speed is incredible. It seems that you are doing any unique trick.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria