Thursday, October 29, 2020

sunset at peggy's cove


The first time we saw Peggy's Cove it was late March. It was grey and you couldn't tell if it was rain or  icy spray being whipped off the water. The waves crashing into the rocks at the base of the lighthouse could be seen over the tops of the hills as you drove into the cove, even before you even saw the water swirling white and fierce. We couldn't actually get in to see it because it was barricaded off for Covid, but even at a distance, it was still something to behold.

Now that things have reopened (with precautions), we decided to drive the lighthouse route again and see it up close. We arrived just before the sun started setting, and unlike our first visit, the water was unusually calm. It isn't until you're standing on the rocks that you can fully grasp their scale. These giant boulders seem to have been hurled up from the ocean and thrown on top of one another like mere pebbles. The boys ran wildly all over, climbing and jumping around, laughing and trying to outdo each other until the sun disappeared and it was time to make our way home.

As we made one last loop around, the sky was brilliant orange and pink, the pools of calm water in the inlets reflecting the sunset perfectly.











It's a beautiful place.

Legend says that on a stormy October night, sometime in the mid-1800's, a schooner ran hard aground. With the powerful waves and the sleet and the fog, all aboard were lost, save one young woman who managed to swim ashore. Her name was Margaret, or "Peggy" to those who knew her. She never left the area, and eventually married a local man. Having quite the tale, she became well known, and over time, people began to refer to it as Peggy's Cove.

8 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, Are you into trading or just wish to give it a try, please becareful on the platform you choose to invest on and the manager you choose to manage your account because that’s where failure starts from be wise. After reading so much comment i had to give trading tips a try, I have to come to the conclusion that binary options pays massively but the masses has refused to show us the right way to earn That’s why I have to give trading tips the accolades because they have been so helpful to traders . For a free masterclass strategy kindly contact (paytondyian699@gmail.com) for a free masterclass strategy. He'll give you a free tutors on how you can earn and recover your losses in trading for free..or Whatsapp +1 562 384 7738

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the View. Thanks for sharing. I Like to write a little comment to support you. We are a leading digital marketing company in Delhi, If you need any assistance regarding digital marketing services. We are happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I initially invested a total of $105,000 over a period of 5 weeks my broker. My bonus/profit was $402,798 every attempt to make withdrawal failed and i was instructed to make another deposit of $25,000 before I can make withdrawals which i did. Yet i unable to make withdrawals and all attempt to contact broker proved futile . This is very pathetic and i felt so bad losing my investment. I did a due diligence test before investing with them but guess what I ended up getting burned. This is to create awareness, not everybody can be as lucky as I was. I'm saying this because I was able to recover my funds. Thanks to this recovery team, they have the best wealth recovery experts…Contact their mail for more inquiries cryptorefunder360(at)gmail(dot)com or  whatsApp: +13349559030 , Thought someone might find this information useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I initially invested a total of $105,000 over a period of 5 weeks my broker. My bonus/profit was $402,798 every attempt to make withdrawal failed and i was instructed to make another deposit of $25,000 before I can make withdrawals which i did. Yet i unable to make withdrawals and all attempt to contact broker proved futile . This is very pathetic and i felt so bad losing my investment. I did a due diligence test before investing with them but guess what I ended up getting burned. This is to create awareness, not everybody can be as lucky as I was. I'm saying this because I was able to recover my funds. Thanks to this recovery team, they have the best wealth recovery experts…Contact their mail for more inquiries cryptorefunder360(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled into your page by chance and wanted to thank you for the excellent content and the overall engaging blog.
    high gain helical antenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. PROFESSIONAL BTC/ETH RECOVERY / CRYPTOCUPRECOVERYCCR.
    Although losing your Bitcoin/USDT can be quite distressing, there is a way to recover from it. The best place to get lost Bitcoin or USDT is at CryptoCupReoveryCCR[at]gmail[dot]com. I highly recommend. How can I get my lost cryptocurrency back? How can I get my bitcoin back from an investment scam that I fell for? How can I get my bitcoin back before the con artist disappears with it? Because of their highly skilled and informed staff of cryptocurrency recovery experts, CryptoCupRecoveryCCR is the greatest choice for recovering lost BTC or USDT. Their staff has access to cutting-edge resources and methods for recovering misplaced cryptocurrency. For additional information, send them an email at: CryptoCupRecoveryCCR[at]gmail[dot]com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria