Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Last of The Lilacs


The Lilacs have nearly finished.



I've mentioned it before, but one of the reasons we fell in love with our house was coming into the master bedroom and seeing these beautiful Lilac bushes in full bloom, just outside the window. Years later, it's still something we look forward to each Spring. There's something so lovely about having the windows open and the scent of Lilacs blowing in on the breeze.

I feel like this year they took their time arriving, and yet once here, the season seemed so short.


This beautiful little bouquet was from my Aunt Jeanette's garden.

2 comments:

  1. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Lilacs bring back so many loving and happy memories of my late grandma. Your photos are beautiful.
    I've never seen white lilacs. I'm in love! I wonder where I can find one to plant?
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne,

      I just purchased one for my front garden. The variety was called "Mme Lemoine". I've seen them at a few local garden centers here.

      I'm glad they bring such lovely memories.

      Maria

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria