Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner


Do you remember what it was like before Pinterest?

Coming home to find a glossy new issue in the mailbox, and then leaving it on the counter until the day was over, and you could sit down and pour over each page. Keeping each issue stored away for future inspiration. And if you're like me, you might have even kept binders of sheets torn out because of something you especially loved or were inspired by, every page safely tucked into a clear page cover and filed away.

With the changing of each season, a large stack of back issues for that time of year would be placed out under our coffee table, and enjoyed once more, bringing with it an inspiring new arrangement, or room, or bouquet or recipe.



This year, in preparation for the Thanksgiving dinner I was hosting, I pulled out and browsed through many wonderful November issues of Martha Stewart. I followed her instructional guide to classic stuffing. I even used her Thanksgiving Planner as a guideline for preparing dinner and the days leading up to it.




I just draw so much inspiration from them.

And so, after a few evenings, and many cups of tea, I finalized my menu, pulled together a table, and even wrote out my grocery list for this year's Thanksgiving.

It was a lovely evening spent with both of our immediate families, something we are so blessed to be able to do.


(Now, seeing this photo much larger, I've noticed that one of the knives at one of the place settings is crooked. This is what happens when little curious fingers start poking about.)


To see what else inspired me this Thanksgiving, you can view my Pinterest board:

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria