Saturday, September 24, 2016

Antique Finds


Here are some of the great pieces I've come across these past weeks. Some of them I picked up at antique shops in our region - I've been venturing all over - and some are things I've found online or in thrift stores.



This coffee pot was a thrift store find. It reminds me of a coffee pot from a hotel service. I love the simple design. It's also in perfect condition inside, so I look forward to using it when the occasion arises.


I also found this sugar pot at Oliver and Rust, it's holding my pens and pencils on my desk, and that pitcher was found at a new antique shop in town. I don't think he was aware of the value of it as he sold it to me for $15!


This great little dish, that is very worn and beautifully aged, was from Queen's Antiques in Niagara on the Lake. The fish set was also from there, as was the gorgeous picnic basket below.



The ironstone tureen, with it's beautiful pear handle, looks beautiful grouped together with my other tureens with ornate lids. It was a steal on eBay and I believe I paid around $15 for it too.


I've been looking for some pretty cutlery like this, and I just loved the carved details and butter yellow handles. There aren't many, but I will find a use for them.


This empire dresser was also a great recent find. It was $60 on Kijiji. It was originally going to be the change table and dresser for the baby, but I later found a dresser with enough storage for all three boys, and the room just felt cramped with this piece too. So for now it's sitting in the living room, and will eventually be moved somewhere else. I had intended on painting it as there are some imperfections in the finish from age, but I haven't made it that far, and I'm not in any rush.


I have to say, I've really enjoyed getting out and browsing through some of my favourite shops, something I likely won't be able to do for a little while once baby arrives.

4 comments:

  1. So jealous of the coffee pot! I'm always looking for one of those. So many are beautiful outside and pitted inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finds with similar taste to mine.
    Not one of your finds I would turn away from bringing them into my home.
    See you soon, I always enjoy your beauty here.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, please don't paint the dresser. The grain in the wood is beautiful and it looks like flame mahogany. And the 2 lower drawers are so perfectly matched! It is beautiful craftsmanship, even with a few imperfections! I love your antiques.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria