Saturday, September 17, 2016

The Start of September


While this post may be titled The Start of September, to my disbelief, somehow we are already more than half way through.

School has started, the temperatures have dropped slightly, and those usual feelings of fresh starts and routine have settled in.

With both boys in school all day now, and no sign of baby arriving yet (though he does have two more weeks), I've been making the most of these past two weeks by making small day trips around the region and visiting some of my favourite spots.


Labour Day weekend brought the Fall antique show at Augusta's in Gasline. Her charming little farm is always a hit with the boys. They are particularly fond of Hudson the mule. And the pumpkins and Fall decorations always bring inspiration for the coming season - like this giant Lumina pumpkin up on a pedestal with bits of vine trailing down. So simple, and so gorgeous.



When Ryan has a morning or the day off, he joins me. We always like to drive about and discover new places. Here we had breakfast at the Flying Squirrel cafe in Ridgeway.


I've also popped in to all of the local antique shops! I'm hoping this week to share all of my finds. I've managed to pick up some great things.


I've also enjoyed being able to sit and read quietly and enjoy a coffee - or, at this time of year, a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I swear, if this baby doesn't come soon, he may slightly resemble an Oompa Loompa.



As much as I'm loving the quiet time, I do miss these boys. Thankfully they are loving school, and soon enough I will have another to keep me busy.


And we have finally been relieved of the unbearable heat and humidity we've been under for what has seemed like forever! Our poor gardens have suffered. Thankfully though, as we've finally had rain and cooler temperatures, they seem to be reviving. My Hydrangeas have started turning their shades of pink with the cooler evenings, and my Rose bushes are in full bloom!


I've enjoyed browsing through so many blogs all decorated for Fall, and while I am so looking forward to that, I can't quite commit to it just yet. Maybe this week, once Fall has officially arrived, I will start to add bits of Autumn around the house.

In the mean time, I am hoping to show you the nursery and boy's room I've been working on, as well as the progress on our front entrance, which is complete, but awaiting paint. It's been on hold as we were advised to wait until the temperatures drop and the extreme humidity lifts. I would love for that to happen before I bring home pumpkins and things. And then there are some other little projects I've been working on, like a gallery wall of family photos upstairs, and getting myself organized for the baby.

All in due time. For now, I'm just taking it one lovely day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. How did I completely miss that you are expecting another little one! Best wishes! I look forward to seeing the nursery and the boys' room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! So much to be thankful for:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria