Thursday, May 24, 2018

in the garden - lilacs


I was worried being away for the long weekend, that given all the gorgeous weather we've been having, the Lilacs would bloom and I would miss them.

They were so close to opening when I left, and we all know how quickly they come and go.

Happily, they were just ready for cutting by the time we returned, and I didn't miss enjoying them. The first thing I did the next morning was head out to the garden and snip a bouquet for our dining room table.

 \

I'm partial to this white variety, Mme Lemoine, but I do have to say, they aren't quite as fragrant as some of the more traditional purple varieties. But they still smell lovely!


And then while out with the boys, I couldn't resist picking a few branches of these purple ones on some back road. They are classically beautiful.




1 comment:

  1. beautiful photos. It's nice to read blog posts from you, again! Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria