Thursday, September 5, 2019

pumpkin spice cupcakes with maple frosting


September has arrived, and with it, all the classic autumn recipes. And with the arrival of cooler weather, I don't mind having the oven on.

The first truly fall recipe I wanted to make again were these Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes with Maple Frosting from Barefoot Contessa. This time I made mini cupcakes for with tea after our first day of school, and they turned out perfectly. I just adjusted the baking time.



Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Maple Frosting - Barefoot Contessa



The frosting recipe is amazing, and it made so much extra that I put half of it in the fridge to use another time. Also, I love how perfect cupcakes look with uniformly piped frosting, but sometimes, getting those swirls just right is so satisfying.


Now her recipe calls for a Health bar on top, and in Canada, we don't really have them. We have Skor bars, which I think are similar. I happened to have a container (or three) of English Toffee from when I went to Trader Joe's last week, and that worked perfectly!


This recipe is truly worthy of a signature "How easy was that?".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria