Wednesday, September 4, 2019

welcome september - back to school, back to routine


I love the freedom that comes with summer - the unplanned days and the spur of the moment trips, but after two months of little structure, something in me starts to feel unsettled. I start to find myself longing for more routine. To return again to the familiar comfort of a well-planned week and a steady, slow rhythm to my day.

This year our summer, while lovely, has been particularly unplanned, and to be honest, I noticed I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. I think Ryan picked up on it, and decided to take the boys out over the weekend for back to school haircuts and a matinee. That time was so important to me.


I put on the kettle, found a calm Autumn playlist, lit some candles and spread out all of my lists. I filled out my month's calendar, then the upcoming week in detail, with to-do lists. 
Then I made a grocery list and filled out my prayer journal for September.

I'm quite particular about the products that I use to keep myself organized. I like them to be simple and of good quality. It's important that the aesthetic appeals to me, as well, because I have them out on my desk, and in the case of the weekly tablet, displayed on my fridge for my family. (The one and only thing on my fridge, though on the side of it, where it's mainly out of sight!) I know a few of you will message looking for sources, so I'll link them at the end.

Maybe it's from having four babies, or maybe it's just that our life seems to get a lot busier as the boys get older, but I need all the help I can get to stay on top of it all - physically, in front of me, not on an app. I need to see it laid out before more. I enjoy seeing it laid out in front of me.









A mini Pumpkin Spice cupcake went perfectly with my cup of tea, too.
Cupcakes are also therapeutic.
(Don't worry, I'll post the recipe soon!)


- sources -
Notes Notebook in Navy - Target
Monthly Day Planner - Rifle Paper Co.
Grocery and Weekly Tablets - Everyday Occasions
Yearly Prayer Journal - Val Marie Paper (I pre-ordered it in French Blue for 2020!)

And also, because someone will ask, the napkins are the Washed Cotton Napkins in Chambray from Pottery Barn, and right now they're on sale for $11.99 for a set of 4 (reg $20).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria