Friday, September 17, 2010

Gone Junking - Little Britain, Ontario

I have another wedding to attend out of town this weekend - this time in the quaint little cottage town, on the Trent system, called Bobcaygeon. While we're up there, I plan on getting in some last minute buying before the sale. This will be my last time up there until after the sale, and I've been patiently waiting to get a lot of the small items until closer to the date, for storage reasons.
Anyway, there's one shop in particular that I'm really looking forward to exploring through. And I mean exploring quite literally, as you will see from the photos. It's one of my favourites! It's ridiculously overcrowded with the most random assortment of stuff. I imagine it's actually quite an eye sore to the poor neighbors, and known throughout the area as being infamously "junky". To me - that means it's a goldmine! Oh the things I came across in the short time I spent climbing through on my last visit. I have a few specifics that I plan on getting, but I'm really just looking forward to seeing what I can find again!
Since most of you can't make it out there, take a look at the photos. They don't nearly do it justice, for I'm afraid you have to be in the thick of it to truly appreciate the amount of junk in this place! I can't wait share my treasures when I return! Wish me luck, and happy hunting!


This is the view from the street - stuff literally comes right up to the sidewalk!



I'm giddy just looking through these again! How many fabulous junk finds can you spot in this photo??










It's a junk queens paradise!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour of the shop,I will have to check it out ASAP!! I see several items I must have...I mean need :)
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this is the best I'm going to see. I don't live in the area. At least I got a virtual tour. I would love to be there and go through all the stuff to find the real treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria