Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Day at the Fair - the Country Living Fair!

There's nothing like spending a beautiful Fall afternoon walking through a fair! I'll admit, it was a littler warmer than I had anticipated, but this year's Country Living Fair did not disappoint. Set amongst a quaint historic village in the heart of Columbus Ohio, the fair boasted displays of everything fall - a little something for every taste and style. Primitive displays had line ups for ratty old scarecrows and burlap pumpkins, lemonade was sold from the cutest little stands and there were more vintage treasures than one girl could stand.
We spent the entire morning (fortunately we had bought the early-bird passes and beat the huge lines) filling our arms - correction, my husbands arms - with all the fabulous things we'd discovered. I walked away with a car load of fantastic finds including the most gorgeous old gray table and two chippy gray chairs just oozing patina! My husband patiently busied himself while I bounced from display to display, hurrying over to show him the stands of some fellow bloggers and to load him up once again. Fortunately, there were a few more industrial booths that caught his attention and made the day a little more bearable.
By early afternoon we had walked the entire show and were ready to head back to our campsite in Springfield (yes, we were spending the weekend camping). We made what was intended to be a "quick stop" at America's largest antique mall and three and a half hours later, collapsed in our tent, worn from a days worth of walking.
The trip was a huge success. We got lost many times on our way back home, popped into some interesting "Antique Stores" and even meandered all the way to the Urban Farmhouse (which happened to be closed for the fair) to peak in the window. Every square inch of our car was full. There would be the daunting task of unloading it when we got home, which is only exciting because you get to go through all your great finds once more, remembering the little things you forgot you picked up here and there.
Anyway, we made it home. The following week was entirely filled with an endless to-do list for my sale (hence the lack of blogging on my part). There was just too much to do! I'm happy to announce that the sale was a huge success and more of an encouragement than I could have every imagined! I have lots of photos to go through and promise to get them up before the weekend, along with a detailed account.
Since my account can't begin to do these beautiful booths justice, I took photos (obviously) of my favourites to share with you! Enjoy them!
- BELLA STUDIO -
mybellastudio.blogspot.com









- URBAN FARMHOUSE -
urbanfarmhouse.blogspot.com














This was just the cutest little halloween display.

I was drawn to all the dress forms done up so nicely - if only everything could hang this nicely in real life!
- SUMMERHOUSE -
www.summerhousenj.com




- SCARLETT SCALES -

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing some of the Fair. I always long so to go to the CL fair. But sadly it is just to far and not to be at this time...What wonderful things and hard for the eye to take it all in. I am so happy for you that you were able to attend. Have fun with all your new treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria