Monday, February 14, 2011

Be Mine, Valentine

I'm sending all you lovely ladies some Valentines Day love today.

May someone show each of you how wonderful and special you all are, and make you feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

I'm feeling like I've recovered from a weekend bout of the flu. It wasn't pretty. But I'm feeling much like myself this morning.

I woke up to a lovely little gift from my husband consisting of a stack of magazines (including the new Spring/Summer issue of Cottage Style - only their second printing!) and a box of yummy dark chocolates. My husband knows me well. We don't do big gifts, or extravagant dates - they're not in the budget. Oh, and I got my mushy card... my husband is really good at writing heart-felt messages in his cards. I really look forward to reading them whenever there's an occasion that calls for a card. It makes me feel special! I remember working retail and having guys come in at 5 pm on Valentines day, rushing me to "throw something together" for "around this much". They would then pull out a cheap card in a little plastic bag, scribble their name at the bottom and rush out.

Every time I had that happen, I would say a little prayer for that wife, and for that marriage, and then another for my own and how blessed I am to be married to my husband.

So, today, on a day that can make so many feel so loved, and sadly, so many feel unloved, may you all feel truly loved today.

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."
1 John 4:10

PS. This is my favourite little Valentine.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines to you as well. Hope you feel better soon and a lovely picture of your little valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so sweet boy !!!....Happy Valentine darling!!...love love love Ria................... ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ...... ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ... .... ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ .....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, Willen is adorable. I can't believe how big he is getting. Happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria