Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Weekend



We've been enjoying a relaxing Easter weekend so far.

We went to church this morning, and then came home and napped before going to my mother in laws. She made dinner this year and honestly, though I love entertaining, this year it was nice to just enjoy dinner. And I enjoyed every bit of it immensely.

I've spent a great deal of time thinking about Mary and Martha. For those of you who aren't familiar with them, they were two women who were very close with Jesus. One spent all her time busying herself while she cared for Jesus. The other, Mary, sat at his feet and took in every single word he said, completely enthralled by him.

I so often tend to be a Martha. And while Martha was serving her Lord, whom she loved, I think she missed out on simply being with Him. This Easter, I needed to spend less time busying myself with entertaining and more time just sitting. Resting. Remembering. 

Entertaining isn't wrong. Being hospitable is a gift. But for me, so often it takes over.

This weekend we slowed to remember. To remember the single, greatest act of love. To remember grace freely given. Grace to cover my sin. To remember that we who are in Christ are his treasured possessions. Daughters of the King. We are made new, washed clean by His blood. Pure. Restored. Made perfect. Declared Righteous.

And while it was good to remember his death, I'm so looking forward to celebrating his resurrection on Sunday. Praise the Lord, He rose!


I took home some Hydrangea cuttings from the store. They spent some time in the bath, re-hydrating. The water travels up the stems more quickly when they are laying down. Whenever they start to fade I simply snip a little more off the ends and let them rest in water.



And here are my beautiful boys. This photo reminds me of the one I took last year, however, I can't seem to get past how much they've grown.


They're such goofs sometimes.



My mother in law, Jackie, with her two crazy grandsons, whom she spoils.


It was nice that they could play outside for a while after dinner. They even spotted an Easter bunny in the garden.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your tips, I so needed them days ago :)
    Come visit my home you will see why!

    Happy Easter to you and yours.
    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  2. love seeing jackie with the grandbabies! adorable

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria