Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Picnic in the Park



We enjoyed our long weekend immensely, and spent our days outside, enjoying perfect weather.


With leftover tea sandwiches and treats from our high tea at the shop this past weekend, I surprised the boys with a picnic after church.

They love having a picnic.

And quite frankly, so do I. We spent two hours in the shade of a Pine tree, flipping through our magazines while the boys ran about on the playground.


We enjoyed an assortment of sandwiches and even cream scones with strawberry jam.



My sister Erica made all of the desserts, and they tasted as fabulous as they look.
Fruit Tartlett with Pastry Cream, Vanilla Cupcake, Lemon Raspberry Shortbread and Chocolate Cake.


Even the ants joined the fun.

3 comments:

  1. How lovely! Those pastries look divine. You have inspired me to plan a picnic. Every year I have the best of intentions to plan a picnic, but it doesn't happen. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it does take some planning. But it's something I must do this year! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia,

      Our picnics usually consist of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. This was a special one because of all the yummy leftovers!

      Maria

      Delete
  2. That is a very classy picnic! We don't have enough of them so we? Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria