The Grower's Daughter

The Grower's Daughter

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Spring Wedding Flowers


I love arranging flowers. 

I especially love it when those flowers are fragrant Peonies and Garden Roses.

I spent Friday morning in the old cottage behind the store, surrounded by buckets full of blooms, cleaning roses for arrangements, enjoying a chocolate pecan scone and tying the bride's bouquet.



Here is her finished bouquet. 

The stems were left long and it was tied with long, trailing blush ribbon.





It also had bits of Wax Flower tucked in it, a couple white Hydrangeas, as well as some antique blush Spray Roses and Eucalyptus greens.


The Peonies were a favourite variety of mine that I used to grow - Duchesse de Nemours. They are very fragrant, white double blooms.

The bouquet smelled heavenly.




My mom tied her bridesmaid's bouquets which were mostly Hydrangeas with a few roses tucked in them to match the bride's.


She also did these gorgeous centerpieces. They are Hydrangeas, Mums, Ranunculus, Roses and Lisianthus in footed mercury glass bowls.


I find it to be a relaxing escape for a few hours.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous in the utmost relaxed way of arranging arrangements.
    I find it relaxing for me to just visit your beauty. It's my favorite design to use containers on hand, the bucket is so farmhouse wonderful. I do the same here, and encourage arrangements to relax a bit for any even or occation.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this brings back such good memories from when I did all the flowers for my sister's wedding. I just wrote a post last week on how I kept the hydrangeas from wilting. Isn't it fun to be so close to a wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable spring wedding flowers! These blushing flowers just made my day. Thanks a lot for sharing these pictures here. We have been looking for such flowers for our wedding anniversary. Searching for a good Floral Delivery service in NYC to surprise my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot it's very interesting blog.  You so much for this post that you have shared here and I was looking for a gift for my friend and the idea that you have shared is very much attractive.
    flowers in Auckland CBD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lẵng hoa tang sinh nhat, giỏ hoa sinh nhật, bó hoa tươi tặng sinh nhật hấp dẫn nhất của shop hoa tươi đẹp TPHCM

    Cửa hàng hoa tuoi đẹp nhất tại TPHCM, dịch vụ điện hoa uy tín chất lượng nhất với giá rẻ chuyên nghiệp

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is not a fluke. I have been keeping an eye on the Situation for two weeks. I bought irises two days ago. In tight bud. By today they unfurled three unhappy petals and curled up. Before that, 2 bunches of daffodils. Crispy at the edges after they managed to open one eye. Before that? Tulips. Two days, then kaput.
    rose bouquet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria