Sunday, October 22, 2017

Fall in Niagara on the Lake - Part One

 

My sister got married this past weekend in one of my favourite towns - historic Niagara on the Lake. As it was a morning wedding, I had later in the afternoon to walk around town with the boys. It's not far from where we live, which means I often find myself wandering it's streets. It's quite a tourist destination, so I don't usually do much more than window shop and admire the historic old homes.

Fall and Christmas suit this town perfectly, and this particular Autumn day couldn't have been more perfect. It was cool, but the sun was warm, and the leaves are in full color.



My first stop is usually to pick up a coffee to walk around with, and a perfect Fall day like this meant finally enjoying a Pumpkin Spice latte. The town's Starbucks is in one of the homes built in 1830. It's beyond charming.




From there I just take my time browsing up one side, and then back down the other. I never tire looking in the windows and admiring the beautiful storefronts.


These front planters are simply en point! In fact, next to Stratford, Ontario, Niagara on the Lake has the most beautiful gardens and planters.





The touring ended at the iconic Prince of Wales Hotel. Across the road is a park, and we spent the rest of the daylight swinging on the swings and going up and down the slide.



This is the courthouse where she got married. You can rent out a large ball room and theatre for events. It was a gorgeous venue, but really, the whole town is just the perfect town.

 Tomorrow we will head back and tour the historic homes all dressed for Fall. There was just too much to see and not enough time!

4 comments:

  1. I adored Niagara on the Lake when I visited 30 years ago. Such a charming town and the park was a joy to meander in and the view of course was amazing. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, charming town. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. What a charming town. I have signed up for their e-magazine so that I can be reminded and plan a future visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this sweet post. It's lovely how nature is decorating itself in new colors. It's one of my most loved seasons :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria