Saturday, September 24, 2011

Inspirations

Country Home

Today is one of those wonderful Saturday mornings in the Fall.

It's slightly overcast, with little hints of sunshine here and there. It's the perfect weather for open windows and linens on the line. Everything feels relaxed, but productive.

I can hear the hum of the washing machine as I make pastry for a Pumpkin Pie (the first of the season), and I can faintly smell the smokey scents of a neighbor's wood stove coming through my kitchen window. There is a roast cooking with chunks of carrot, onion and potato for dinner tonight, and I'm just about to mop my floors. I've been to the market, and out for breakfast, and am just about to put a sleepy boy down for a nap.

I love Saturdays like this.

Here are a few images that I have brought me a lot of inspiration lately.

Happy Saturday.

via Little Emma English Home

This image has really inspired a makeover in Willen's room (which is not nearly finished yet as I just haven't found the time, and quite frankly, don't mind). The crates are great storage and I love the wired frames with bits hanging from it. I am also very much in love with that gorgeous mirrored cabinet, particularly the colour.

Australian Country Style

I love this table and set of chairs. I also am very much drawn to these two styles of wood - dark and rich colours, as well as natural and softer finishes. They even work extremely well together. I also love the simple detail of the stairs and the overall relaxed feel the room has to it.

Country Living

Again, these natural woods are so beautiful. I also love the sofa and chair and of course, this gorgeous rustic table!

via Little Emma English Home

What can I say about this kitchen? It's just so perfectly well worn and lived in. It's gorgeous.

Country Living

I also love this room. It's symmetrical, which I'm always drawn to. I love the creamy walls, and the painted beds with crisp white linens. I like the simple frames in black for a bit of contrast, and I like the simple chair which makes a perfect night stand. It's simple and beautiful.

Country Living

And finally, this gorgeous room, which I believe is the upstairs apartment of an old converted Post Office. It's a little more romantic, but the textured of this house, and the details are just stunning. The exposed brick is perfectly worn, and the beams are so full of character and the mouldings... breathtaking. Oh, and the furnishings aren't too bad either!

5 comments:

  1. Maria - I love the post! Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv the inspiration & what a busy day you've had!
    Hugs~Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are having a wonderful and cozy day...I think I might just make a pie, too!

    Love the images, especially the last bedroom!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures - wish I had a piece of pie to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the brick style of your walls. It makes your home look so much more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria