Monday, January 10, 2011

Simply Beautiful

[unknown]


I came across this photo a while ago and have had it on my inspiration board forever. It's simplicity without sacrifice.

It's a simple, white house, but the slight architectural detail in the porch and windows make it pretty. There's a simple, white picket fence, but the detail around the top adds so much charm. There is little landscaping, but the simple stone pathway and potted hydrangea shrubs add whimsy. And the view - simply breathtaking!

I often feel that "simple" means bare and slightly boring, but that's not always the case. Sometimes, the slightest detail is just enough to achieve the simplified look, without compromising personal style and character.

Have a lovely week!

6 comments:

  1. I've had this same picture tacked to my board forever also. I love everything about it - it's fancy and simple at the same time. I'd love to walk on that path to my front door! You described simplicity perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple is my way of living (as much as possible anyway) I adore this litle home :) Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple is stunning....and most times something stunning is truly simple(wow that was deep)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said it girl!
    I fully concur!

    Ciao Bella!
    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the white fence compliments the white home is a unique way. The yellowish flowers go along well with the house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria