Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Clippings and Outdoor Inspirations

[The Grower's Daughter]

Hello again.

We made it safely back after a fantastic trip out East, and are feeling refreshed, but happy to be back home.

I finally feel like I've got the laundry under control once again, (for now at least!), and as though my house has found some sort of order.

I spent the weekend shopping for some furnishings for Willen's bedroom, and I hope to finally be able to tackle it later this week. I was especially motivated after discovering that September's issue of Country Living was their Makeover Issue - my favourite!

I also spent this afternoon at an auction, something I've missed doing, and am happy to report that I scored a full load of treasures at amazing prices! My garage is reaching it's capacity and I think it's time I haul it out and begin sorting and planning projects for October.

[The Grower's Daughter]

 
I was happy to come home to my Limelight's in full bloom. Because they are so unbelievably full, I didn't mind clipping a few for our dining room table.

I also spent an unusual amount of time in our yard this past weekend. The mornings have been unusually cool and I've been making the most of them by catching up on some long overdue weeding and tidying of the gardens. I'm ashamed to say they are looking extremely overgrown and wild at the moment.

In the mean time, I've fallen so in love with these few photos of the most lovely outdoor spaces.

My husband longs for a porch. It was his only request when we searched for our first house, and sadly, the only item that didn't get checked off. This one, with it's vines creeping against white wood and gorgeous old flooring, is pretty near perfect.

I'm also very much looking forward to the day we can put up a fence that includes a pretty arbor. And, of course, cover it in Wisteria.

And this. This is everything I'm looking for. A gorgeous hammock, a knitted throw and a good book. I've recently been inspired to read through my Austen collection and I couldn't think of a more suiting place to get lost in the pages of Mansfield Park or Sense and Sensibility (both of which, I've just finished).

5 comments:

  1. We have just arrived home from a summer trip and I wish I had half of your motivation! Congratulations on all of your new finds...it will be interesting and inspiring to see how you put them to use! I am changing up two guestrooms so I will be looking for this issue of Country Living. Thanks for the tip.

    Lovely flowers! Have a good week!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your inspired ideas!
    I hope I get my CL in the mail tomorrow~look forward to seeing your source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you had a wonderful trip East! There's nothing like a porch! The limelight's in the pitcher are just beautiful! I can't wait to snip some myself! I love your inspiration photos.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the makeover issue too and I think it comes at the perfect time of the year!

    Love your inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see all the treasures you picked up. Please share with us the toys you got. We would love to see pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria