Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reclaimed Rustic - The Butter Pat

[All Photos - The Grower's Daughter]

It's been a long time since I've posted on any vintage finds I've re-purposed, so I thought I would share how I've been using a little collection of ironstone butter pats that I found at a show this summer.

These are petite little plates, about two inches in diameter, that were at one time used to hold a pat of butter, and was part of a place setting.

They can be found all over, and for fairly cheap, if you really keep your eye out.

First, they make perfect little soap dishes. I have one sitting on my vanity, and they are just the right size for a guest bar.

You could also use one by your kitchen sink for quick access when scrubbing up before dinner.

They make great jewellery holders, especially for small, dainty pieces, and they also keep loose change in one place.

Here, a set of three hold a few office supplies and add some charm to a work space.

They also are a tidy little saucer for used tea bags.

And, if you're feeling very creative, you could always use them as they are intended - as butter pats!

I'm hoping to be able to have my photos from our trip sorted by the end of the week. In the meantime, have a lovely rest of the week.

12 comments:

  1. Love these little cuties.....they look amazing just stacked too! Your ideas are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos and great ideas for using them. I have only one so far that I found for 25 cents and I'm still keeping my eye out for more. If you get a minute in you busy day, would you shoot me an email of fall or Christmas sales/shows that you know of in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great ideas, and the photos are so simple and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are so cute and I love how you used them so creatively!!
    Enjoy beautiful Niagara...we come every summer to Niagara on the lake and ADORE it there!
    :)

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG... I love the new life you gave to those darling little butter pats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do make great soap dishes. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use them for my watercolor paints - they make lovely little singleton palettes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria