Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Home Tour - An Autumn-Inspiring Country Cottage

[All Photos - Country Living]

These last few days I haven't been able to shake the feeling of Fall.

I can feel it in the shortening of the summer nights and the cool, dewy mornings while the house is still quiet.  I can feel myself being drawn to all things that bring comfort and coziness.

I find myself pulling out those hearty Autumn recipes and anticipating the spicy smells of fall baking and the rich tastes of favourite soups and stews.

There is just something about Fall - and even, the anticipation of it.

As fall approaches, and so quickly it seems, my tastes change again. I find I'm drawn to more texture and pattern and a richer pallet full of natural accents.

This is a home that was featured in Country Living that lends to all things Fall in my opinion. Caroline Sheeler, the head buyer for Jayson Home & Garden, has perfectly achieved this style in her gorgeous home that just reminds me of Fall.

Enjoy.

Her home is full of texture - clean lines, rough wood, blemished brass and woven carpet.

Her colour pallet is beyond my go-to whites and lend such a sense of boldness to her rooms.

The dark antiques only add to the richness of the rooms.

The additions of natural findings and worn pieces are found all around the house and give each space personality.

This is one of my favourite bathrooms. It's timeless and classic.

Crisp white bead board is a welcomed accent to the rich walls. Her displays of family photos and findings (and even ribbons!) make her house homey and full of character.


The addition of prints and exotic pieces throughout the house are so far from my own personal tastes, but work wonderfully with her decor.

These gorgeous walls are a favourite in this home. They add warmth. The white cabinet in the back is lovely too.

The dark wall colour offsets the coldness of the marble and stainless steel.

And this beautiful front porch with that gorgeous bench. Again, the contrast just makes everything come together so nicely.

Hopefully that provided a little fall inspiration.

I've been so preoccupied this past week that I'm looking forward to sitting down in the coming days and getting started on some Autumn postings. In the meantime, it's back to photographing items for the shop for me! Luckily I've got another pot of coffee on - it's a special blend of mine: Vanilla and Hazelnut beans, freshly ground, with 1/2 tsp. of Pumpkin Spice sprinkled over the grounds per pot.

 Autumn bliss.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,
    I LOVE her home!!! I think next time I move, I would love to paint my walls chocolate brown and add some darker pieces of furniture. Sometimes I get so sick of all of this white in my home.
    Beautiful post and wishing you a lovely day.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous home~ Your coffee sounds wonderful too! ;)Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post because I too have beenf feeling in the Fall mood. So much that I just went ahead and changed the look of my whole blog. My home is next :) I love this home you featured. It is just lovely.

    Maria @ Linen & Verbena

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous home full of inspiration! I have yet to have the feeling of fall, as it is still in the mid to high 90's here in California, but I am sure anticipating all things Autumn =) Xoxoxo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every room...relaxing and comfortable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could move right in this lovely home!
    That headboard is just fantastic!
    I have been waiting for fall and want to warm up my whites with some naturals and dark woods, I love the contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully timeless and chic, Maria. Wow..... LUV!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how each step to the staircase is painted brown yet the rest of it is left white. I love it when people try to make staircases unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know the color/brand of the kitchen paint? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie,

      I believe it's listed in the "Get this look" section of this issue of Country Living. If you searched for the article on line, you might be able to find it. Unfortunately I don't have it on hand.

      Thanks,
      Maria

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria