Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Tea



Every year, in celebration of Mother's Day, I host a tea for my moms and sisters.

It's something I look forward to every year. I love setting out my china and making each little dessert. It's an afternoon of chatting over tea and laughing and spoiling our moms.

Here are some photos from this year's tea. It was lovely.

Happy Mother's Day!









Before tea began, while the scones were finishing up, we enjoyed some sparkling Rose cocktails.


We always start with Cream Scones, warm from the oven, served with clotted cream and strawberry jam.

Then there is an assortment of tea sandwiches - Cucumber and Cream Cheese, Ham and Cheddar with Apricot Preserves, Chicken Salad, and Egg Salad.

And finally, the most exciting part, the little desserts - Rhubarb Apple Crumbles, Lemon Meringue Tarts, Meringue Pillows, Fleur de Sel Chocolate Caramel Shortbread and Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream.

Yum.





Our Lilacs are in full bloom right now so there were clippings all over the house. It smells divine!





Warm Scones with clotted cream and jam is something I look forward to every time I host a tea! They are so delicious.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. What a lovely gesture for your mom and sisters. So thoughtful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Do you make the clotted cream or where do you find it? We love scones here too and nothing compares to clotted cream!!
    Enjoyed your post!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy,

      I purchase mine from our local grocery store. It's not cheap, but it's a treat.

      Maria

      Delete
  3. Yes it was lovely and as the Mother of Maria I am very proud of her. She is very thoughtful and of course the food was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria