Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Antique Finds


I love ironstone.

It's one of my favourite things I collect, and probably my most extensive.

And while most of my collection consists of pitchers, I love finding different pieces that I don't see very often. These are a few small pieces I've picked up over the past few months that I especially like.



To be honest, I don't actually remember where I found this ironstone soap dish. I believe it was locally, but all I remember was that I think I paid $5 for it.
 


Fresh flowers and my glass soap dispenser sit with it.


It sits beside my kitchen sink and holds my brushes. It's an old soap dish from a vanity set, but it works just as well as a brush holder.


I also picked this tiny little pot up at Oliver and Rust.

It's beautifully aged, with crazing and a lovely browning. And it has the most beautiful faces in the sides.





I also picked this other one, of the same size, from the same show. It has beautifully detailed handles, and a charming little lid.

It's marked Coxon and Co., a name that I hadn't yet come across.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love white ironstone too! This past summer I was so fortunate in my search. At a garage sale, I picked up a beautiful covered sugar bowl. The owner told me he had more in the house that he did not put out and "Would I like to see them?" She brought out gorgeous pieces that I bought for a song. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria