Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas in the Living Room and Handmade Gift Tags


After nearly a week of dull, rainy days, last night brought the most wonderful of surprises.

Our family had attended Willen's Christmas play at school, and then came back to our house to spend the evening celebrating with him. When they opened the door to leave, the sky was a flurry of thick fluffy snowflakes. And by the time my mother in law left, the ground was covered and we couldn't help but exclaim "It's snowing!".

The thought of enjoying a classic white Christmas was beginning to seem more unlikely with each passing, dismal day.

However, with less than a week before Christmas Eve, our hopes of a white Christmas may just come true.

 


 


Once again, I've wrapped our gifts in classic brown paper and an assortment of cream ribbons and twines. I've also made some pretty handmade gift tags.




I made these gift tags a month ago. The blank tags came in packages of 16 for $1.50 at Michael's. I used a collection of Christmas stamps I had purchased last year online to make my own gift tags.


Another delightful white surprise yesterday was a blooming Paperwhite bulb. We had picked some up when we bought our Christmas tree. It's the first of a few bulbs to bloom that we are forcing around the house.


I couldn't help but laugh at Hudson, who was cozy on the chair beside the Christmas tree. He just snuggled, blanket in hand, the whole time I took pictures.

4 comments:

  1. Your floors are so gorgeous! May I ask what brand/name they are? Brown packaging has always been what I use/d, not just for Christmas either. It is such a simple background to add the festivities of the occasion to. Wishing you a very merry and white Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your technique of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I book marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please visit my web site as well and let me know your opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria