Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Amish Auction





This year the auction was a success! As you can tell, from the truck load, I made out with lots of great items. Over all, though there didn't seem to be as much furniture as last year's sale, it was a fun filled day. Due to the amount of auctions going on at once and the amount of items that I was watching, I didn't actually have a lot of time to walk around photographing the event. I did manage to get a few here and there throughout the day though. Enjoy these few and maybe I'll see you there next year!

Oh and by the way, the wild chickens that the little Amish boys we re-selling for a 200% profit in the photo above were purchased by my mother. I swear, she'll buy anything, at any price, as long as it's a little Amish girl or boy selling it to her. She lives in the city where they have laws against owning foul so why she would need a set of chickens is beyond me.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving me the heads up on selling on our blogs. I don't know where I picked up that misinformation but I am sure glad to know as I might just sell some things...seems a bit more personal doesn't it?.....Took a guick look around your blog and like it so I put you on my favorites so I won't miss a post. Thanks again for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I just thought it was funny you mentioned it because up until recently, I had thought the same thing.

    I'm glad you're enjoying the blog - there's lot to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made the pictures black and white. It just adds so much more detail to the event.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria