Monday, July 26, 2010

A French Flea Market


I'm always excited when I find (usually by stumbling across) a flea market. However, more often than not, I find myself disappointed. Flea markets in our area are rarely the haven for old trinkets and treasures that I long for them to be. Instead of bolts of vintage fabrics and worn architectural details we find stalls of old video games, knock-off hand bags and random tools. I've always longed to find a quaint little flea market with beautiful bouquets of flowers, old ephemera and treasures from a time long ago. Of course, there would also be the rustic antiques, the fresh lemonade stand and the to-die-for pastries that go so well with a freshly brewed cup of coffee. It's a rarity to find yourself in a flea market like that unless you've hopped a plane and landed in Paris itself.

This past week, I discovered a posting from the blog French Larkspur called French Flea Market. It highlights a market held in Tipton, Indiana and is full of photos the writer took when she went down to photograph the event. I'm sure you'll enjoy taking a peek into the magical little market as much as I did.
Enjoy!
























All of the photos in this post are from French Larkspur and are taken by Tracy herself on her adventure out to Tipton, Indiana. All photos are also property of French Larkspur and are to be used only with her permission. Be sure to head over to her blog to check out all the other wonderful things she's written about - Below will take you to her page.



1 comment:

  1. I love the blue chairs and blue table. I want something like that in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria