Friday, July 30, 2010

Bon Soir!


So, the plan is to get up around three o'clock in the morning tomorrow, pack our car to it's brim and head out on the 6 hour journey up to the cottage. Currently, it's almost 10 (pm!) and I still have to finish packing my bags full of books I want to read and projects I want to finish, get the pets ready, tidy my house and browse one last time over each of the twenty lists I have made the past few days. Somehow, I doubt I'll have the energy to pull myself out of bed before noon tomorrow let alone the wee hours of the morning. But, then again, when it's getting up for something like the cottage (or a flea market or road trip), the anticipation alone is like a double shot of espresso. I love the drive to the cottage. Well, actually, I love the drive to anywhere exciting! My husband and I were both raised by parents who always took the scenic route and encouraged us to take the earphones out of our ears and enjoy the scenery around us. It stuck with both of us. Tomorrow, when we finally get on the road, we'll take our time and enjoy the ride. We'll stop for an early morning greasy breakfast in some small town and, since it's Saturday tomorrow, we'll get out and stretch our legs with a tour around some local farmers market. Either way, the lake with be there when we get there and we'll have a whole 10 days to make the most of it.
And, on that note, this is it for me for the next 10 days. I think I may just go through withdrawal. But, I do have a few small things to share until later next week. Until then...
PS. How badly do you want to be spending the long weekend (for those of you here in Canada) on this beautiful porch?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful vacation. Do have a nice rest and we will be looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love driving to my cabin too. That's part of the fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria