Monday, July 19, 2010

APOTHECARY ~ Airspun Face Powder



APOTHECARY ~ Airspun Face Powder by COTY


This week, featured in the apothecary, is COTY's Airspun Face Powder in Extra Coverage. If you, like myself, can't stand the feeling of makeup on your face - especially in this heat - then this is the solution. It's a translucent face power that can be used alone or as a matte finish to set your makeup. I was skeptical at first and wondered if such a light powder would provide enough coverage. After one use however, I was sold and haven't looked at another powder since.
I initially bought this powder, though it's sad to admit, because it came in a pretty vintage tin. Visions of me, sitting at a vanity, fluffing a powder puff accross my face just seemed so Tracy Lord (Grace Kelly) in High Society. I guess it has such a glamorous feel to it because no one does that today. Today, we roll our makeup on with mini paint rollers or smear little beeds accross our faces. Where's the fun in that? Try it for yourself - you'll get the look you want and you'll feel far more fabulous doing it, I promise.




$7 for 65g at Walgreens


PS - It'll be worth it if you feel half as fabulous as these women in this bottom ad!


7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I love High Society! Has to be one of the best period musicals of the golden days! Grace Kelly always exuded such elegance, I guess it was only natural she became a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! Have you seen A Philadelphia Story (the earlier version of High Society) with Jimmy Stewart and Katherine Hepburn?? Just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw that one too :). What can I say? I love old movies! They just don't make them like they used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true... I think those two are in my top favourites though - I also love A Shop Around The Corner! (If you haven't guessed, I love Jimmy Stewart)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Born to Dance is another great Jimmy Stewart movie. Totally worth a watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's one I haven't seen! Last night I watched Three Little Words and tonight is the classic Arsenic and Old Lace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I never saw the movie Born To Dance and everyone keeps telling me I should.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria