Friday, December 10, 2010

CRAFTING ~ Christmas Posies

[From left to right ~ Cedar, Pine, Holly Berries, Red Twig, Seeded Eucalyptus, Magnolia Leaf and Pussy Willow]

I decided to do a little bit of crafting this morning. This weekend, we have a family Christmas dinner for my dad's side of the family. Each year, the wives bring something small for each of the other wives; a jar of soup mix, homemade treats, etc. This year, I wanted to bring something festive and special, but still inexpensive and homemade. Because it's out of town, it needed to be something that traveled well.

I have collections of these vintage apothecary jars that I wasn't using at the moment, so I decided to do something with them. I also had bought bundles of all different greens and bits for my outdoor urns at the market last weekend. I decided to use some of those lovely little sprigs to make little Christmas Posies.

I'm using mine as little gifts, but they would make fabulous little place settings or a collective centerpiece. Or, placed around the house here and there, they add a little holiday cheer to any room!

Here's how easy they are to make!
Take your apothecary jars and give them a good clean (as clean as they'll come). Make sure they're dry.

Trim sprigs of your various cuttings, appropriate to the size of the jar and start adding them to the jar.

Once you've finished assembling your posie, tie a pretty piece of ribbon, lace or twine around the bottle.
There you have it ~ a lovely little Christmas posie.

4 comments:

  1. so festive & delicate looking......
    ~tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure they will love your arrangements! Have fun with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage apothecary jars. I also love what you put in them. You have such great ideas for decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria