Saturday, September 7, 2013

A Bridal Shower

\
 
This morning I hosted a shower for the fiancé of a cousin of mine.
 
I grew up in a family of four girls, and though technically we didn't have any brothers, we had the Batty Boys. My mom's sister, who lived only a few minutes away, had four boys the same ages as us. Since our mom's stayed home, they spent a great deal of their time together. In fact, it wasn't uncommon to see them every day. They were practically brothers. Ironically, my mom now has three grandsons, and my Aunt is awaiting the arrival of her fourth granddaughter.
 
Today, we had a shower for her son Jordan, and his fiancé Michelle. She's a sweetheart and it was so much fun to celebrate their upcoming wedding.
 
I served tea in our backyard which was a huge risk. Despite the grey skies and threatening rains, I set up my tent and tables outside. It did eventually shower.
 
We braved the drizzle for quite some time, but when the curtains were drenched and we were huddled as close as possible, we finally broke down and ran inside. The rains didn't dampen the afternoon though. It was still lovely.
 








 




 
My mom did the arrangements. They were beautiful.



 
 
(from left to right)
Becca her Maid of Honour and Sister-In-Law, Michelle the Bride, and Mary-Anne her Mom


3 comments:

  1. It was a stunning shower and I thought it looked like something out of a magazine. So proud of the woman you have become and love all your creativity.

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts and think that your blog is lovely. The attention to detail and the beauty you created for your cousin's shower is exquisite. Thanks for sharing this lovely event with your readers.

    Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning shower! It looked amazing.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria