Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Trimming Our Christmas Tree



The house is slowly starting to look like Christmas.

The trees are trimmed, our Christmas lights are hung and I'm ready to make my garland and change my shelves.



This year, with our dining room table now in the sun room off the kitchen, we have plenty of space in our small living room for a large tree.

I love Christmas. 

The house just feels so warm and cozy all decorated.



Yes, I've even begun wrapping my Christmas presents.


I added a burlap runner to our buffet. I will add a few boughs to the shelf, but I haven't got that far yet.


I'm also ready to put away my brown transferware and replace it with my red.


Each year, I like to add a few new decorations to my collection.

This year I found this beautiful mercury glass finial from Pottery Barn, as well as the pine cone and other ornament below. The rusty bells were part of a collection I sold at my sale.



I also added some burlap ribbon and twig balls.


3 comments:

  1. Your tree looks just perfect! Thanks for sharing it! I'm so happy I found your blog. You certainly have a new follower now. I'd love for you to drop by my blog sometime to see what we do!
    Tania from FARRAGOZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the perfect tree! The house is getting that warm, holiday feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful...just love your home
    and your sweet family!!
    Corinne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria