Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A New Victorian Parlor Table and Accents


At auction two weekends ago, I picked up this beautiful Victorian Parlor table.

I've been looking for one just like her and I've found a few gorgeous pieces, but none that I could afford.

You can imagine how excited I was to see her sitting on display, waiting to head home with the highest bidder.

She's a perfect addition to this corner of the living room.


The dark finish matches the floors perfectly and looks beautiful against our white walls.



You'll notice the old frame from above the couch (below) has been  replaced by something new... It also came home with me. 

You'll just have to be patient. 


I also made a few small updates to our living room after a trip to Ikea. I found these simple white and beige pillow covers for $4.99. I had some down inserts already so it was a quick update.

The cream covers are from Pottery Barn.


I also added two white pillows to our armchairs instead of the linen lumbar ones.




Then, out of habit, I made a stop in the 'as-is' section and happened to find this knitted throw for $20.00 (50% off).


It matches the tones of the couches and chairs and is a cozy accent.

5 comments:

  1. I love the new pieces! Can't wait to see the new picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely table... and one might ask from which local auction did you discover such a gem... Luc's, Plato's, Rittenhouse?
    The portraits are wonderful too.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Plato's. I've actually never come home empty handed from one of his auctions. He always has an assortment of beautiful pieces. A few other things I've purchased from him are my buffet, and my assortment of cake stands.

      The portraits are from Kim a few years ago at Christie's.

      Delete
  3. Hi stranger...everything looks lovely! I remember you buying those pictures last year at Christies...maybe we will see each other again this year...I can hardly wait! All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissy,

      It's on my calendar - next Saturday!

      I'll keep my eyes out for you.

      Have a lovely long weekend.
      Maria

      Delete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria