Tuesday, December 2, 2014

An Annual Cookie Exchange


This past weekend was my annual cookie exchange with my mom and sisters, aunts and cousins from my mom's side of the family.

We all bake half a dozen cookies for each person attending and a dozen to sample the night of. Then we enjoy eating the delicious assortment of cookies while sipping festive drinks like eggnog, mulled cider, cocoa, and tea.

It's a lovely way to spend an evening catching up.

And the best part? At the end of the evening you're left with dozens of different Christmas cookies and all your Christmas baking done! 


That Saturday morning I had popped out to something new and wonderful in my neighborhood. A Vintage Christmas market. Though I didn't find anything for myself this time, I did leave very inspired. There were some lovely vintage finds from Oliver and Rust, as usual, gorgeous flowers by Fleurish Design Studio, handmade soaps from Harmony and lots of other unique Christmas ideas from local vendors.


Needing something for the buffet and tables, I went from there to the shop to pick up a few cut flowers to make my own arrangement.


This little silver plated piece was found at a new thrift store in town, Renewed Thrift and Vintage

It was $1.


We've been making these little arrangements at the shop since we opened, and we love finding new things to create them in.






It was small, and fit just right on the buffet. It worked well with the silver plated tea and coffee pots.



I tied the leftover greens with some snipped Narcissus blooms for a small bouquet for the table.


The living room is almost finished for Christmas. I simply need to hang my garland on the hooks in the bay window and maybe add a few touches to the cabinet.





How delicious do these cookies look? I'm always amazed at what arrives each year. They're always different, and make a lovely assortment.


This year, I actually went to two different exchanges. For the first I made Buckeye Brownie Cookies; a brownie cookie bottom with a peanut butter ball on top, covered in chocolate and sea salt. The other was a Turtle Thumbprint; a chocolate cookie rolled in pecans, filled with caramel and drizzled with milk chocolate.

If you're interested, there's another Vintage Christmas Market happening the evening of December 11th from 6:30 until 9. The details will be posted on either the Fleurish or the Oliver and Rust website linked above.

1 comment:

  1. Your home is beautiful and the decorated touches are just right ~ the perfect mix of elegance and warmth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria