Saturday, September 21, 2019

a pumpkin stand


Fehrhaven Farms, the farm stand I frequent for my pumpkins and gourds each year, has officially opened, and is looking as lovely as ever.

There is always an excellent selection of all my favourites: white varieties like Luminas and Flat Boers and tiny Casperitas, the dusty Blue Jarrahdales and nubby Marina Di Chioggias. And sometimes, if I'm lucky, she'll have a couple Musque de Provence, the large, Cinderella-like orange variety with deep ridges and a slightly flat top, which makes them perfect for stacking.





 




And to round out your autumn display, she even has some hay and pretty broom corn for sale.

If you're local and looking for a good selection, pop by her stand.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah !....fall arrive !!...happy week
    Ov3 Ria ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I'm a fan of heirloom pumpkins, but why no traditional orange ones? They are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria