Friday, February 11, 2011

House Tour - Martha Stewart's Skylands Guest House

In light of Valentines Day being only a few days away, I thought I would send some inspirations with a touch of pink - okay, a lot of pink.

Though this colour palette isn't exactly my first choice, this would be a lovely little guest house to spend Valentines Day weekend in!

Enjoy!

The use of wicker furniture does give it a cozy, cottage feel.

I love the stitching detail on the pillows, and the shade of grey that she's using as an accent. I was inspired by it enough that I painted my guest room set a similar shade - Martha Stewart Cityscape.


A cozy little writing desk - as all guest rooms and houses should have. I bet there's even matching stationary!


The natural subway tile floor really grounds this room.


And, in true Martha fashion, a simple and pretty vanity. I love the look of the exposed pipes - it adds some unexpected contrast to all the pretty, delicate pinks, while still complimenting the space.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful poictures thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have no trouble at all spending time in these rooms. Pretty without being precious. The muted colors are so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't want to leave...and eventually would become THAT type of guest...LOL. It is beautiful and very Martha.

    Angie from Linen + Verbena

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughters room just got painted "Pink Graphite" from MSL new paint colors at Home Depot. It is the prettiest shade of greyish pink. LOVE IT!
    Oh, and our kitchen island is Cityscape ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh la la this is such a great house !! ...wowwww..i just get your mail yet !!..i will pay you later this day darling !! oh exciting.....love love love ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I remember this issue!! I love it and tore out a few pages for my "ideas" folder! When the hubby saw 'all the pink' it somehow disappeared ... hmm!

    So thank you for the lovely (and timely) reminder! I love everything Martha!

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not a big fan of pink in my house but these rooms actually look quite pretty!
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink is my fav!!!! Love it Love it Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when people paint their wall with a light touch of pink. I think too much pink can be a bit overwhelming. A light touch of pink though can be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! I always love reading them. - Maria